Google Analytics

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Into Second Week Of Wahl's Diet, Planted The Wrong Garden

Seems like it's been 6 years since I started my diet, usually I'd mark such an occasion with a big ole hunkering cake!  But those were the old days.  Now I am having vegetable smoothies or almonds to pass the time.  Added no eggs or nightshades to the regimen, although I had to look up what a nightshade was.  Makes my six tomato plants seem like a huge waste, but I don't know any other way of doing an elimination diet than eliminating things.  Not feeling incredible yet, but have lost 25 lbs, down to a svelte 300.

So my garden this year, planted prior to new eating plan, is loaded with things I'm not eating.  I have tomatoes, green, yellow, and jalapeno peppers, all of which are nightshades.  I have peas, green beans, potatoes, and corn.  Right now I'm only able to have the cabbage, swiss chard, and lettuce.  Worry that as long as I am burning fat I will be burning the bad things out of my system, not allowing me to know when my system is reset.  Be nice to have my biggest worry be that I was burning too much fat.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, 25 pounds in two weeks! Move over Dr. Swank, I'm going Wahl's. My garden would contain all the no no's too.

awb said...

Karen - Easy to drop 25 when you have a ton to lose!

awb