Google Analytics

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wahls Diet, Neuromuscular Stimulation For MS

OK, day 3 of my Wahls/Paleo diet.  I am either feeling great, or I'm going to die?  Going through massive withdraw, no sugar, caffeine, wheat, or legumes.  Do you go through wheat and legume withdraw?  Living in the bathroom, I suppose that's a good thing, good stuff in, bad stuff out.  I'm waiting on Dr Wahl's book to be delivered, want to find out as much as I can.  Take a look at A Stellarlife, she interviewed Dr Wahls back in 2009.  I do miss Lays potato chips, not sure if kale chips will ever replace them?

Curious about muscle stimulation to build mass and strength?  Along with diet, Dr Wahls did use neuromuscular stimulation, I think I have an old tens unit laying around someplace.  I should be able to just hook it up and let 'er rip!  Probably a bit more to it than that, but the wife works for a pain management joint, she should be able to hook me up.  My Bioness let stimulator has an exercise setting, probably the same principle.  Who doesn't love the surge of electrical current through their bod?

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I dont know if I would let the current let er rip...unless a Doc told me how. It is funny, to just think about it though

Unknown said...

It has absolutely nothing to do with MS directly but when I started the South Beach Diet, I "hallucinated" bread during the second week :)

Transferring my wife from her wheelchair was killing my back. Loosing weight was necessary to make me a better and safer caregiver. For what it's worth I lost 50 lbs in 6 months (8 yrs ago) and have been able to keep it off.

awb said...

Kim - Just the thought of it, like a dog hitting a border electric fence!

Patrick - Thanks for the encouragement, I'm already dreaming of dancing donuts.

awb