Google Analytics

Thursday, November 7, 2013

House Makeover Time, Left Side Entering Limp Noodle Stage

Time to fish or cut bait, isn't that how the saying goes?  The house needs a makeover nearly as badly as I do!  Can't do it all, but I can sit on a chair and do some of it.  I was a good painter once upon a time, big deal the hand and arm I used kind of hangs at my side like a limp noodle, I got another one!  The reason for the fish/bait remark is the left arm is coming on like gangbusters, if I wait too long I'll have to hold the brush in my teeth.  I also have 2 adult children living home, a lot of my sitting will be in a directors chair, time they learn this sort of thing.  Now to add color, tired of white and cream!

Let's talk about the left side of my body for a minute.  I was fortunate to be able to do most things as well or better left handed.  Could hit a ball a mile, shoot a basketball, catch and throw a lacrosse ball, only thing I couldn't do was throw left handed.  I even switched and carried my service weapon left handed the last few years I worked.  Here's my problem, what do I do when the left arm joins the limp noodle team?  I'd be a little more than lying if I said I wasn't just a bit scared, because I am terrified!  By the way, the left leg is doing the same thing, starting to drag, getting that feeling deep inside.  Can't explain it all too well, like a buzzing that goes all the way to the bone?  Buckle up, the ride's about to get bumpy!

3 comments:

Muffie said...

Andy, I'm in the same boat. I trained my non-dominant left hand to pick up the slack when my right one died on me. Now, I'm noticing the weakness extending to my left side, also. I really don't know how I'll handle it if I lose it. I try not to dwell on it.

awb said...

Muff - I'm terrified what happens when that is my everyday normal, and it is coming on quickly!

awb

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

My dominant right side became half way noodled about 20 years ago...and thankfully the left side took over. I understand your worries but I hope the MS will stop...btw you have a pretty wife