Google Analytics

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bioness Not A Fan Of Paperwork, It Was The Bathroom That Killed The Beast

Had a surprise when I ordered my new gel pads for my Bioness L300 foot drop system. The company has apparently been taken over by gangsters, employing strong arm and intimidation techniques to conduct business?  Knuckles, the representative I spoke to, informed me the cost per set was $11, if, if a paid for them outright. If, if I submitted a claim for Medicare and the claim was denied the cost would be $33 a set! Wow, did I just experience a shake down or what? The paperwork must be a real bitch if they are adding over $200 to my order to do it? I have to be fair, they only add the "fee", the "vig", the "juice" to my order because they informed me that Medicare would "most likely" deny my claim, so they really were just trying to save me the anguish of a denial. Bad form Bioness, bad form!

Pain management doctor has me on a long acting dose of Oxycontin, taken twice a day, here's my issue with that. Dose is so low I'm not sure I'm feeling any better? The pain is still there, and so are some new issues, the biggest of which are urinary urgency. My problem is the Oxy was started at the end of my IVIG therapy, not sure which one if either is causing it? Not much on coincidences, even with my new health reality, since I can't take back the IVIG, I've decided to stop the Oxy and see if that changes anything? I'm laughing as I type this, how in the hell did I end up here? My contemporaries are trying to figure out what island to visit next, I get to decide if i want to wear Attends or Depends?

7 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Love this...not the mobster dme company...funny...but the misery of bureaucracy :-) m

awb said...

Mary - I wish they just said they didn't submit claims instead of this?

Diane J Standiford said...

Yeah, my Empi tens-type thing is a shake down for cost of pads too---less expensive than Depends tho'

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh the Medicare headache is no fun...I do feel like it is a gangster talk to get what I need:) I hope you figure out, is it the drug? Or what?

awb said...

Diane - I think it was you that turned me onto the gel you buy to extend the life of the pads?

Kim - They are the sticky conductor pads for my foot drop system.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am just stopping by to see how you have been doing...I have been slow to blog lately, or nothing to talk about.

awb said...

Kim - Me too, not much going on, back is out, probably the end of my legs, all this laying around!

awb