Google Analytics

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dr Terry Wahls Diet, Swimming Pool Ready To Go

So what does everyone know about the Paleo diet?  Had run across info about Dr Terry Wahls a way back, she was chair bound with SPMS and now bikes 5 miles to work everyday.  Seems to make so much sense, I look at the crap I eat normally, know it's not good for me, but can food have that kind of impact?  I think I'm going to do it, what do I have to lose except maybe weight?  No legumes, soy and gluten free and no dairy, so I'd better polish off that 1/2 quart of butter pecan!

Went swimming for the first time today, this year obviously, I mean I've been swimming before.  Had a problem with the liner, when we took the cover off we notice the liner had popped out of the grove holding it in place.  Had a guy come out and fix it, but we had to take 2 feet of water out of the pool.  Filled it back up today, was 100 degrees, so I decided to take a dip.  I do believe my ms is the only thing keeping me from realizing I now have polio?  That water was cold, but it felt grand once I was acclimated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Back in 1990 we tried the Swank MS Diet for my wife, never got too far as trying to juggle being a spouse caregiver and basically a single parent of a toddler was more than I could handle without being a 'food nazi'.:)

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Karen said...

I have been on the Swank diet since 2009. It's pretty strick, but easier than the Wahls. I have never taken any DMD's or any other kind of drugs for the MS. I also take mega doses of Vitamin D3. I'm holding my own.
Was 102 here today, wish I had a pool!

awb said...

Patrick - I need a food nazi to keep me from eating everything that's not nailed down!

Karen - I've done all of the DMD's over the last 25 years, time to change my food.

awb