Google Analytics

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Great Mothers Day And Church Garden Getting Started

Great day today, the Moms sure seemed to have a nice day, though the wife worked too hard on hers. I should have pushed her out of the kitchen and taken control, but I was feeling a bit slow today, pollen is sky high, killing me, and my right eye is still all oogey. The kids aren't to the point of stepping up yet, don't remember when that happens, I was 40 before I did anything of note. a friend and her husband stopped by, didn't join us for nosh, but was good to see them just the same.

Get started on the church garden tomorrow, a bit later than I would have hoped, but started just the same. We shall have to resort to plants instead of seed, but that is not the end of the world for the size we are doing. It's just a 20x20 garden to get started, but there has already been a good bit of buzz about it. 20x20 this year, maybe 40x40 next year, or let out 20x20 spots to people and get the entire community involved. The whole idea is to get people thinking about where our food is coming from, and where it is going. Our hope is to show the community how much we can grow, and maybe they will do some, and so on, and so on, and......

No comments: