Google Analytics

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inexpensive Wheelchair Carrier, MS and Boredom, and Go O's

I was a little apprehensive about buying a carrier for my wheelchair, not that I didn't need one, but rather that I wouldn't be able to use it. We are new to this part of the MS game, so we still drive "regular" vehicles. We didn't want to rush into anything, like buying a new Hummer all tricked out with accessibility devices, so we opted for one that fit on the back of my truck. I am still able to load and unload it by myself, so it has more than paid for itself, $249.99, while we decide which direction to go. A lot cheaper than the Hummer!

I've been in I a pretty good rut these past, oh I'd say 5 years. I need to do something to spice things up a bit. My main problem is I'm bored past tears, I've exhausted the things, resources, ideas I can come up with. The computer has been wonderful, a life savor really, but I'm beginning to get bored with even that. I've been home now for going on 13 years, and I wonder what there is for me in the next 13? I'm pretty confident the physical health part will continue to decline, but what about the rest? I have to admit, I don't need shades to look into the future.

On a brighter note, How 'bout dem O's, Hon? I can't believe I just said that, I hate that, but they are kickin ass and takin names. Is it possible that a new manager could make that much of a difference? Nah. They are grown millionaires, it's ridiculous to think a new boss has motivated them win when the other 2 guys couldn't even get them to show up. Looks like only 1 thing could keep us out of the world serious, the fact they are in last place 150 games outta 1st!

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do hope to get to the point of using one of those carriers. Van may be dead?? Is it power, for that price?
Do I know about boredom, the computer has helped me bunches.
kim

awb said...

Kim - It's not power, but still pretty easy for me, at least at this point. I'll have to get one of the kids to film it so you can see. Film it, old geezer, HA!

awb