Google Analytics

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grandparents on Vacation, Exercising With MS, and Church Garden

The boy is probably going to hook up with his grandparents one day while he is at the beach, my guess is on the boardwalk. My parents live about 40 minutes from the beach, I hope they are able to make it in to see him. A lot of 18 year olds on their first week long adventure away from home probably wouldn't want a visit from the G-Parents, but both of my kids have always been very good about including them. I'm pretty sure he will be in contact with them, he called to make sure he had the right phone number, thanks buddy, we love you.

Time to take the bull by the horns and start exercising! I'm pretty sure that made no sense whatsoever, but you get my point. My legs are killing me! I need to do something, the legs are getting weak, and they ain't going to get any stronger sitting here on my ever spreading rear. My problem is what I consider exercise, and what I'm going to be able to do now. I have to change that mindset, as well as my sedentary lifestyle. I think I've probably said this before, but it's fish or cut bait time. I'm going to write a post and use nothing but cliche.

Our minister gave a great sermon today, one that really made me think. For a long time I have thought what a waste it is to have land go unused in certain places when it could be used to grow food for people in need. I'm lucky to have never been hungry a day in my life, but know that's not the case for everyone. I've talked to a few people about it, always leaving it at just an idea. I think it's time to move it out of that column and at least bring it up people that may be able to make do something about it. I know how gratifying it is to eat something out of our garden, can only imagine how good it would be to feed other people.

4 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do know the feeling of needing to exercise, but I do not feel like it...believe that is what all say??
kim

awb said...

Kim - It's what I say!

Diane J Standiford said...

You are a good man. Great idea about the food. Combine it w/exercise--win win. I try to exercise by 7am, so I am not awake enough to know I'd rather not do it.

awb said...

Diane - Thanks, just seems that enough isn't being done for people that truly need it?

As for exercising before 7 am, if I happen to be up at that hour it's usually because I haven't been to bed yet!