Google Analytics

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Idiot Garden Club, Easter Guests, and Learning How Not To Do Too Much

I went out and tried to be productive, again. My legs are killing me, and I am exhausted, again. I need to put notes on all the doors telling me to take it easy, I can't seem to remember that. The worst part is got absolutely nothing accomplished! I was trying to cut up the old side porch with an air cut off tool, but we are talking some serious metal. It will go to the scrap yard whole!

Why do they let major league baseball players go on the field with a huge wad of chewing tobacco in their mouth? Would they have let Jim Palmer pitch with a cigar in his mouth? Seems like a strange way to do things, image and all, I mean for the kids.

We are getting ready to have my 1st idiot garden club meeting here on Saturday morning. Looks like we will have 5 or 6 people come, not too shabby for the first effort. We will make a couple of the idiot boxes, show them how to assemble them, tell them how to make the soil mix to put in them. Should be a hoot!

We are having Easter dinner here for the wife's family. we enjoy doing it, and the Mother in law has done her share. To make it better, the daughter is bringing her friend home from school, she lives too far to go home for Easter. It makes us feel good to have her come, we have met her parents a couple of times, I hope they are glad she is coming too. The girl went to her friends house and then to central park for a concert, so that's pretty cool.

Tomorrow is a new day, I need to promise myself to not do too much. I think the best way to do that is to promise myself not to go outside, God knows I don't work too much in the house!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the prize - which is having family and friends over for Easter. You need to be well for the day and that alone should REMIND YOU that you should not OVERDO.

Ok, print this out and post it in a dozen places!LOL

I NEED TO BE WELL FOR EASTER HOLIDAY SO I WILL REST UP FROM NOW UNTIL SUNDAY!

On Saturday, after the garden meet, REST UP.

Ok, signing off. LOL

Anne

awb said...

So that's how you spell overdo, who'd a thunk it?

I NEED TO BE WELL FOR EASTER HOLIDAY SO I WILL REST UP FROM NOW UNTIL SUNDAY! Cool, I have a mantra, I'm like a rock star now! The worst part is I'm not new to this, I know I shouldn't, but I just can't seem to stop. The mother is always telling me to take care of myself, it's hard to acquiesce to that last part that wants to slide away.

OK, your page, is it a test? No matter what I do, the 3 doesn't stay! I'm calling Bill Gates to complain.

awb

Anonymous said...

LOL

No it's not a test!

And I know you are not new to this, just giving a gentle shove in the right direction.

Hmm, I don't know what is wrong with the 3 not going through. When you bookmark me, does it show up differently? Maybe I'm the one that is wrong. I just recently turned over my blog from without the 3 to with the 3.

Lisa at Brass and Ivory posted a link. Maybe you can try the link she put in on her blog. Just a thought. I'm going to check it again though.

awb said...

I meant because of not being new to it, I should know better. Maybe I will get it right in the next 30 years or so?

I tried it from Lisa's page, went through the steps, and it blogrolls in an empty title. I will get it, although I can't spell, I am a good figurer!

awb

froggysoprano said...

You know the old saying, "When the going gets tough , the tough get going." You can do it, you have been proving it for a long time. Just getting used to the stim is more than a lot of people can handle.

Libby said...

...or my old saying, "when the going gets tough...i take a nap..."

Paul is a Hermit said...

You know you have to take a day off now and then, Andy... let those muscles rest, I read that somewhere. :)
I've a feeling that if your daughter's friend likes to laugh and have a good time, and enjoys good food, she'll be glad she came.

I can't watch too much baseball, I get so bored waiting, while those guys spit and scratch themselves, between every pitch.

awb said...

Paul,

Why is that acceptible that baseball players do all of that? Think for a minute what the world would be like if everyone did? Would you go back to your doctor if right in the middle of the exam he spit on the floor, rearranged himself, and redid his rubber gloves before each time he touched you?

With my daughters friend, we shall see what kind of sense of humor people from the great state of New Jersey have. I already asked her what exit she lived off! Good seeing you,

awb