Google Analytics

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, Uncomfortable AFO Brace, a Talent Auction, and I'm Not Fat, I'm Big Boned

We went to a talent auction at church tonight, it was pretty cool. It was just what it sounds like, if you have a talent, people bid on it, and that's all I have to say about that. People made, quilts, afghans, and pies. They donated Orioles and Iron Birds tickets. A time share was even auctioned for a week anywhere in the network. Any room painted in your house, lawn work, and light hauling. The wife donated her signature chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate drizzle popcorn, and marshmallow macaroons. She was a nervous wreck that nobody would bid, but they did, quite well as a matter of fact. It was fun, a nice night with the in laws, and they fed us too!

I wore the new brace for a while today, but it just doesn't feel right. It's too loose, and I don't like it! I am going to have to complain to Russel when I go in for clinic at the end of the month. I am really starting to think I should have gone back to the place I got the first one, but I thought motor oil was motor oil. I'm not paying the $20 copay when I go in for them to fix this damn thing again either! Wouldn't it be cool if all of this was moot? As soon as I get the stim I am going to try and never put the brace on again! OK, that may be somewhat ambitious, but a guy can hope, right?

Let's talk about our weight. OK, let's talk about my weight then! I have got to loose some tonnage, I'm worried my skin is going to burst open and skinny me is going to crawl out, leaving a fat, quivery chrysalis behind! That was gross, even by my standards. My point is, I need to do something about this and I think my body has changed as a result of being old, diet alone no longer does it. Exercise isn't a great option, I vacuumed today and my back hurts like hell! That's OK, I never liked sit ups anyway! Once again, a lot of my eggs are in my stim basket. I have to hope I am going to be able to at least start walking again to burn some calories. I will find out soon keep your fingers crossed! A fat quivery chrysalis, where do I come up with this stuff?

No comments: