Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, Too Much Wii is a Bad Thing, and Bermuda Here I come

I think I overWiied yesterday? If I Wiied until I died, would that be Wiiuicide? My legs are rebelling, my hands asked for a divorce, and my entire body has the jumps, but other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? The main problem in my right leg is in my hip and knee, I mean besides the part where the ankle doesn't work with the foot drop. Everything is so weak, I need to build up the knee and hip so the stimulator has the opportunity to do its thing, right now the stim is firing, but the upper leg is fighting the process. I will get there, if not with my Wiiercise, it will be something!

We are going on a cruise in June to the Bermuda. I am looking forward to it, never been on a cruise, never been to Bermuda either. I actually have been to very few places now that I think about it. In the ancient past I didn't go because I didn't want to. In the recent past I wasn't sure if I should, not sure if I can fly, that feeling of falling and all. I'm really looking forward to the trip, not so much for the trip itself, but because I want to get away from home. When I was still working, I looked forward to being off work, and getting away. Now I have a better appreciation for why my mother didn't like going camping when I was a kid. I need to get away from this house, from dinner at 6, from doing laundry, I need to get away from here! I'm practicing lounge chairing right now, doing well!

4 comments:

Paul is a Hermit said...

That's okay, Andy, it even took Ali a couple months to get his legs into Championship shape. You'll get there.

Libby said...

..."but other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"...oh, that was really bad...in a funny way, ya know!
wow, i bet the cruise is gonna be great!! & just think how fit you'll be by then, 3 months of working out with that video game...pheewww!

awb said...

Thanks Paul, who doesn't like being compared to the greatest!

awb said...

Trust me Libby, I have worse. The wife's entire family is going, should be a hoot!