Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, Vitamin D, LDN, and Overtime Wars

Today was the second day of PT, still just evaluations, no therapy yet. I go tomorrow for the eval for the OT, so no therapy tomorrow. I sure hope I don't come away from therapy finding out I have MS, but not having any therapy! The therapy people are also going to do my new brace, so it's a one stop shop. They told me I had good muscle tone in my legs, considering I haven't gotten any real exercise in 5 or 6 years, that makes me hopeful I will see a benefit.

I also had a neurology appointment today, get it all done at once. Blood work is good, thyroid normal, except the vitamin D level has gone down while taking 50,000 i.u. a week? I am going to stay at that dose and see what happens in 3 weeks, if it doesn't change, or if it goes down, we adjust it as needed and go from there. The neuro also told me would negotiate me starting the LDN when the D level was where it should be, oh yeah, I did forget to tell him I was already taking it, didn't I? Good news is It has only been a few days, so no big deal to put it off for a bit more.

Another water main break, this time up the street, the old neighborhood is falling apart! There are 4 or 5 trucks there, that must be how the playbook works for these things. As I drove past I noticed all the trucks were running, the 2 compressors were running, the backhoe was running, but there were no workers, they were all in the trucks, I suppose formulating a plan. I didn't go up the end of the street today, so I don't know when the leak started, so I don't know how long they have on the scene, saving the day, and they are saving the day, I can't fix it. I am just getting curious what the budget is for water main breaks, and how much they spend on overtime? I'm starting a new nonprofit, the overtime ombudsman, Fixing the world one leak at a time!

No comments: