Google Analytics

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Vitamin D Therapy, Multiple Sclerosis, a 40% Deterrent

Vitamin D night here in Perry Hall, it's good to have something to look forward to. I think I am almost finished the first round of medicine, something I will have to check. Has it done anything for me? Who knows? The more I read, the more I wish I had tried the LDN therapy first. The neuros didn't want to go with that one because there is no evidence, other than anecdotal evidence to support it. Where is the evidence to support the vitamin D therapy, even anecdotal?

Go in the sun, don't go into the sun, make up my mind! Next thing ya know there will be studies saying the youth of America are more susceptible to MS because of the sunscreen we lathered on them. It almost looks like I'm not a good candidate for D therapy, I already have MS! In mouse studies, it helped keep the mice from getting something close to human MS. That's what I'm banking on, Ben and Willard got enough sun to not get a widely accepted mouse model of MS, it therefore does it all for me! No, but it may be enough to check into for my kids, and my nieces and nephews.

So it looks like the vitamin D won't do too much for those of us in the club already, but there are strong signs, up to a 40% chance, it can prevent MS with a 400 iu pill everyday. The kids are going to start on just that tomorrow, and I am passing the word on to the rest of the family. For me, that is a plus, I'm not real hopeful in a cure, they haven't cured anything yet have they? I'm just looking for something to make life more manageable, and a neuro that tells me a direction to head, even if it's not with the flock.

No comments: