Google Analytics

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Swank Day 7, Multiple Sclerosis, and Low Dose Naltrexone

My legs are like jello today, but I think it's still that I'm denying myself fatty foods. Ah, fatty foods! I keep telling myself, 286 this morning, this is leading somewhere. Every pound I take off is one I don't have to drag around the house, so it's a win, win. Nothing new to eat so far, still trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight. My tomato sammich lunches are coming to end I think, need to find something new to eat on bread, lunch needs to be a sammich! I think some $1 crabs may be a nice diversion tonight, and I think I've earned it.

I called the pharmacy to let them know I had the script from the doctor, they told me to come on down, felt like I was on The Price is Right! One question I forgot to ask was if my cymbalta will still work. I take that for the cramps in my legs, and the impending feeling of doom that is always right on the periphery of everyday life. I don't think it's worked for the cramps, but the depression has been cage kept, so I'd like to hold on to it. I know there are other meds for depression, but it's like a good pair of shoes, I have this one broke in!

I was talking with my mother the other day about health in general. The pharmacy I am going to use for the LDN isn't new to me, they used to mix the boys liquid prednisone with grape or cherry flavoring to make it a little easier going down, so I'm not new to illness. Before him, the girl aspirated at birth, she basically drown. Neonatal intensive care for 2 weeks and she came home, but it was touch and go for awhile. The boy has nephritic syndrome, he passes protein out of his kidneys, causing him to swell. That's under control now, but the stroke he had at 18 months left him with partial complex seizures, a form of epilepsy. That too is under control, so all is good. Having the 2 kids happy and healthy makes the MS a small price to pay.

No comments: