Google Analytics

Monday, August 25, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis, Crime And The Elections

Ever had one of those days when you can't concentrate on one thing for too long? I have them all the time. Instead of fighting it, I've decided to go with the flow. I contacted the guy who has the crime blog for the Baltimore Sun. I asked him if the murder map was in fact correct. He didn't know what I meant, so I explained there are only 2 white people murdered in Baltimore City this year, according to the map on the Sun crime page. He assured me he, or someone would look into, and fix the problem. He also told me that some of the murders they may not have known the race of the victim. Maybe they should leave the comparison map out if there is nothing to compare?

Swank or no Swank? I have to tell you, I am having a hard time accepting that cutting out fat could possibly make me tap dance again. Logic tells me that a healthier lifestyle leads to a healthier life. I've been smoke and alcohol free for 20 months. I think that may be the last time I felt good, my last smoke? If I was able to give up the smokes for my health, I'll be able to follow Swank, it just doesn't seem as big a deal as smoking. On the website about taking control of your MS they take it one step further. No dairy products along with the beef, no egg yokes, cakes, pies and donuts! Can't I just cut out Brussels sprouts? Oh yeah, I like them too, but I'm hoping that's part of why I can pull this off.

Is this election crap ever going to be over? They have been running for President for 2 years! I have decided it no longer matters who wins. Both sides have lied so much to cover their own asses they wouldn't know the truth without their special interest groups input. Who cares how many houses either one of them own? They are both rich and neither of them care what happens to me. Both sides are going to spend shameful amounts on their conventions and they mean absolutely nothing. We know who is getting nominated, so what's the point? It blows my mind how much has been spent on the election. We need to revamp the system, and we need to do it quick. It's taking longer, costing more, and we don't have a viable choice to pick.

I'm trying to stay on my feet, literally, and I'm supposed to care who's getting killed in the city, about eating a steak, or who's running for President? I don't. I have had my fill. I am going to do what I have to do, but I'm not confident, and I'm not excited. I will take something that hasn't been very fun and make it even more unfunner. It sure would be easier if the crime rate shrank, beef and cake was good for me, and Reagan was running for President again, but I know that not to be the case. In a perfect world I'd spend a few days kicking back at my mountain cabin, drink a few beers, have a smoke, and enjoy things without any worries, or thinking about what I'm going to eat!

No comments: