Google Analytics

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Spasticity and Sleep

     I’m having an issue with sleep. Since I started with the catheter I have been enjoying 5-6 hours of sleep a night, straight through. Before I was getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom, I was only able to empty my bladder 1/4 of the way. The issue is that getting up 3-4 times a night makes it easier to go back to sleep, it all has to do with spasticity. An hour or 2 at a time still causes the spastic tremors when I move, but they would subside. Moving after 5-6 hours being in the same position is another story. These tremors are borderline seizures, my whole body goes stiff and shakes violently. It continues for a good long while. Understandably I can’t get back to sleep. I guess I should be happy I am getting any sleep at all

2 comments:

Miss Jackie's Favorites said...

You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t! Sorry!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh those are awful. I take baclofen for it, now in a pump form cause I got up to the limit of 100mg. That’s what they told me in 2012. I still have spasms if I get the least bit warm, which can be a nightmare.....I freeze in my torso probably cause of arthritis. But my legs have to stay like ice......or I pay with spasms.
I cannot blog about that, only a few like you understand it