Google Analytics

Friday, June 14, 2019

Sidewalks Aren’t For Wheelchairs




     I’m trying to get a curb cut at the back of Perry Hall middle school so I don’t have to travel on the broken sidewalks. It’s hard to get up on the sidewalks anyway, no access, not enough of those curb cuts. I spoke with the county, they will put in 9 of those cuts, but can’t fix the sidewalks, different department or some other nonsense. The truth of the matter is that the sidewalks aren’t for people in wheelchairs. They are narrow, have expansion joints, grass encroachment from homeowners that don’t edge, bushes that block the path, toys, low hanging trees, tree roots that push up sections, not a cake walk. Those 9 cuts the county will put in are all at intersections, they won’t do one in the middle of the block, which of course is where I want one. No biggie, I will use the street, use 1 of the 9 cuts the county has offered, then a short trip to the middle school on the sidewalk. Brings me back to the cut at the middle school. That cut isn’t in the purview of the county, it belongs to the school board, different bureaucracy. I’m looking for just one! They don’t see the need. I know who to talk to, Mohammad Musti, no luck convincing him, yet. 

1 comment:

GPDanesie said...

Hi Andy sounds typical of government I remember in the old Bcpl days one post in a news group generated a phonecall on a landline could you please delete your inbox if you like I can rent a concrete saw orange cones vest an hard hat pretend I'm a contractor I would go unnoticed