Google Analytics

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ocrevus, Visit From The Parents

.    I have my first infusion of Ocrevus on Friday, I can't wait! Interesting lead up to this one. Do you know how you have to battle the  insurance company for every single thing that you get? With this one what happened was that the infusion center took care of everything. The initial request was denied, they took care of the appeal and let me know when it was all finished. They must really like me, think I'm a great guy? Well anybody that knows me knows that's not true. The reason it works that way is that the infusion center pays for the medication upfront and then is reimbursed by the insurance company. They want to make sure everything is in place so they don't get left holding the bag.

    The parents and the sister came up for a long weekend. It was great to see them, they live three hours away and don't get up this way much very often. The parents are 82 and 81 in relatively good health, but showing signs of age. That's tough to see, especially when I don't see them very often. There were no major fights to report, which is always good with my family, so I'll take that as a win. They headed out this morning and I already miss them!

1 comment:

Mike C said...

Glad to see you're back blogging. Best of luck Friday! ������������