Google Analytics

Friday, November 9, 2012

Medicare Snafu, High School Get Together

OK, so got a phone call in 1999, the guy told me I was eligible for medicare.  I told the dude no thanks, have insurance from my old job, he said thank you and have a nice day.  I got mailings from them, didn't really read them, yeah, good move, right?  Cigna has started denying claims, say I should be in medicare, and it should be my primary.  Did everyone but me know there is a $10 penalty for every year you didn't accept medicare?  For me that adds $140 to my monthly premium.  My buddy Mike called Congressman Ruppersberger for me and his aid told him nothing could be done about it, and we trust Dutch, he always did well by us.  Moral to the story, read everything!

Having a get together at a local watering hole, people I went to school with.  The wife is giving me a hard time, so far 25 or so people have signed on to go, 22 of them are women.  I told her, I swear I went to school with dudes too!  Looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to, who went bald, just to have the chance to walk into the room and say hello girls, did you miss me?  It should be a hoot, and the wife should be talking to me again by Christmas!

3 comments:

Muffie said...

I went on Medicare when they told me, too, so I'm no help. I do have BC/BS as a backup plan.
Have fun at your reunion. Take lots of pics and your wife will see what a good boy you were!
Peace,
Muff

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I did not know this about Medicare...sorry...hope you enjoy the reunion

Anonymous said...

Hello!

My name is Julia, I work for the National MS Society, Maryland Chapter. I was doing some research about people in the Baltimore community who have MS and came across your blog. I saw that one of your "interests" is saving the world, and we have that in common! I am not sure if you are aware, but we have many services, programs and events that are available to you in the Baltimore community. For exmaple, our signature fundraising event, Walk MS, is held across 11 communities in April, including one in Towson and one in Baltimore City.
If you are interested in hearing more about the National MS Society, feel free to email me at julia.watkins@nmss.org.

Have a great day!

-Julia