Google Analytics

Monday, February 13, 2012

50th Birthday Gala, and Dragon Voice to Text Program

my 50th birthday came and and went, the wife pour off another gala party one of her specialties. It was a combination birthday party, now that we are both 50, we shared the spotlight. It's always nice to get together with friends, but to be that age and have all four parents attend is particularly nice. We had food stations from around the world, and games with candy prizes from 1962, and boy were they stale! I think a good time was had by all, now to figure out which one of the party guests gave me the flu!

My parents gave me the new Dragon speech to text program, it is the coolest thing I've ever seen! It's also just a tad bit scary to think that after only reading a four-minute script this program can type out just about anything I say. I remember the first computer I bought had voice recognition software, and it was horrible! You had to read in just about the entire Webster's dictionary for the program to work, and even then it didn't work well. If only now the good people at Dragon would develop a program to cut up my steak!

2 comments:

Muffie said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoy the Dragon. I may need it soon myself.
Peace,
Muff

Miss Jackie's Favorites said...

It was a great party! We are very lucky to have such wonderful friends!!