Google Analytics

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Funeral Parlor Observation, And Buddy Has Scabies. Or So He Says

Had to do the funeral home thing tonight, a neighbor lost his 90 something year old mother. Been to a ton of these things now, you can just about plan on what you're going to see when you get there. When the child is 70+ years old there is very seldom any tears, it's a very light hearted atmosphere. It usually is a celebration of life, not a how horrible it is for them to be gone. Tonight was an easy one, wish they all were.

I was going to write about a guy a know with scabies, but I think he's pulling my leg, after all all, who gets stuff like that? I didn't even know it was a real thing, thought it was like cooties, all in the persons head, or childhood lore. If I get something like that I think I want it to be topical, or at least sub tropical, like pango pango. OK Pago Pago, that's the capital of American Samoa, but you know what I mean, something with an alliterative name. Anyway, I offered to take my buddy to PetSmart to be dipped, but my humor is sometimes lost on the humor impaired!

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

It is part of life now, funerals. I agree they are not sad when in their 90's. Scabies, I am the humor impaired :)

awb said...

Kim - The older I get so does everyone I care about, hate that part.

awb