Google Analytics

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Shining in Baltimore, Winter Mobility, and the Girl Wants a Dog

REDRUM! I feel like I'm living in the Overlook Hotel from The Shining. If the boy starts typing a book, I'm leaving. He has been snowed in, we've all been, and he is climbing the walls. He went out and shoveled a majority of the neighborhood, helping out some of the other folks on the street. The bowling alley is still closed, and we are getting another 20 inches, starting tomorrow. I may have to sedate him, don't want to, but it's for his own good.

I didn't do any of the shoveling this storm, something I love to do. We had about 30 inches, getting 20 more, man I would be in heaven! Problem is I can't walk in deep snow, or snow period anymore, too afraid of falling. I used to be a fearless Viking, now I'm just a wuss. I don't like the place I find myself, the things I'm missing, or the things I'm watching. The only bright spot is, the wife looked beautiful out in the snow.

The girl wants a dog, oh my. Like I've said before, I am not a pet person. I told her she can have a dog, she can open a kennel ... someday. One of the neighbors brought over their new puppy, a little white rag, about the size of a child's shoe. The girl moped around all evening, I told her she could have a hermit crab, or a ant farm. I will stand my ground, put my foot down, and demand my voice be heard. I'll also let you know what we get.

7 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

We're not quite at the REDRUM stage. But then again, there aren't teens in the house. I have 3 feet of snow covering my very long driveway right now. We received at least 2 feet of snow but my driveway is perfect for collecting drifts.

I can't believe another 12-18 is supposed to hit. Ack!! But I'm very thankful that power and heat have stayed on. Hang in there.

Slammermike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Slammermike said...

I know what you mean about clearing snow. I enjoy it too, but can't do it this year. All this snow and I can't go out & play. It is like being a member of the Saints or Colts and being injured and told you couldn't play in the super bowl. No fun watching.
I would think the bowling alley would need someone to check on the place and make sure it is heated and still in working order. I bet he would volunteer to shovel a path to the lanes and give all lanes a function test.

awb said...

Lisa - I can't complain, they've been great, though I thought the wife was going to cry when she saw the snow alert.

Slammer - It's not fair to love something most despise, and have to watch as they do it, rather begrudgingly. I may have to prepare a rather stern letter to management?

zoomdoggies said...

Andy, you're right. It's not fair to love something most despise, and have to watch as they get to do it -- whether it be shoveling snow or playing old-timey music. A stern letter to somebody is definitely in order.

Have you got the new dog yet?

Anonymous said...

doggie! Doggie!!! DOGGIE!!!!!!

sincerely,
your loving daughter

awb said...

Zoom - no dog yet, and management will be hearing from me.

Girl - Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

awb