Google Analytics

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Local Bowling Tournament, Top Chef I Am, and Dead Feeling In Hand Getting Worse

Got a text message from the boy, he's a plus 131 after 3. I thought that was a little arbitrary, then the wife remembered he is in a local tournament, and we forgot about it, we are the basement level of parents, didn't even go to our little babies event. He said no sweat, his grandparents were there. How the hell did they know? Aren't these the 2 that are worried they are forgetting things? I'll ask one of the old men up the bowling alley how he did, they will know it before me. He is in first place right now, hope he hangs on, this one is a mix of juniors and adults.

I made an incredible recipe for dinner tonight, used up the rest of the squash, onions, and tomatoes. I went out on limb, nobody here likes squash, but this looked so good, I couldn't resist. It was a success, even the girl ate it. The wife said it was the best side dish she had ever had, but she lies, tells me everything I do is perfect! The boy hasn't been home to eat since he was 7, and he wouldn't have tried it anyway, even at 17. I loved it, but I love everything.

1 medium bell pepper, cut in 1/2 in cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium zucchini or 4 small yellow squash
1 2 or 3 tomatoes
4 slices bread, toasted and cut in small cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Parmesan cheese

1. Saute onions&bell pepper in margarine for 5 minutes,add squash that has been sliced and cubed.
2. Saute 5 min more,add tomatoes, (break up whole tomatoes) cook 5 more minutes.
3. Add bread cubes and seasonings.
4. Put in 2 quart casserole,sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.

Cooking is an area I am really seeing a difference in. Cutting things up has become increasingly harder, I need to do a little research on different ways to accomplish this task. I'm not recovering from these things as fast as I used to, if at all. The right hand is declining quicker then anything else to date. Writing is all but gone, anything that needs any dexterity has flown. I still have my left hand, so no panic, yet, but I am having some of the original twinges I had in my right now in my left. Not cool, I specifically remember asking to have only one side affected, where is Mr Demille?

4 comments:

Libby said...

andy, i'm sure your cooking is good. this even sounded good to me, & i don't like squash either!

Herrad said...

Hi Andy,

Your recipe sounds very good, I love zucchini or courgettes.

Similar recipe with aubergine is called Ratatouile.

Real shit what is happening with your hand.

Think there are kitchen tools such as knives that are adapted.

Shorter handles that are abit larger and better to grip.

Hope you have a good Fridayn and weekend.

Love,
Herrad

Julie M. Baker said...

Sorry about the hand. It does suck when MS throws yet another unexpected wrench in the works. Has it been at least 4-5 days? If so, I'd call the neuro and see about getting a solumedrol infusion.
Julie

awb said...

Libby - I love to cook, unfortunately I love to eat too.

Herrad - We get what we get, but things catch me off guard. When I was younger with MS, I never thought about my hands. Now I can't stop thinking about them. Oh well, it does go on! Hope your weekend is fantastic!

Julie - it's been easing into this for a long, long time. I do need to map out a new course of action though.

Thanks for stopping in all

awb