Google Analytics

Friday, August 7, 2009

Carry On Calamity, Pool Day, and Knee Brace Needed

The wife and boy are safely home, had a great time, and brought home endless stories. Did you know it is against FAA regulations to store a bowling ball in the overhead compartment? Either did we, or the crew on the first 2 flights to Vegas! The return flight cost $60 a bag to put them in with the luggage. Query? Is 40 lbs of feathers more then 40 lbs of bowling balls? It doesn't seem to make sense to me, but then again, they didn't ask my opinion. Ya wanna have fun? Try explaining, post 9-11, what the x-ray is showing in the box that looks like a bowling ball, but has no holes? Strip search! One more riddle. The wife bought me a little trinket, a souvenir with my name on one side, Las Vegas on the other, on a knife, on a key chain, in the airport! WHAAAAAAA?

Today is going to be a day of rest. The travelers are jet lagging, the daughter is having sympathy lag, and I'm just plum wore out from a week of acting as a responsible adult in charge. Trust me, that is extremely tiring when you're, what's the word I'm looking for, ah yes, ME! The wife tells me my schedule, plans my schedule, reminds me of my schedule, and asks me how it went. She abandoned me to flit off on vacation, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Anyway, it is going to be a pool day supreme, cook out, do nothing day. No phones, no responsibility, no obligations. It's my day to have them both back, and his day to cut the grass!

Need to find out if Bioness makes any kind of knee machine to prevent hyper-extension? The L300 is working just great, and the final payment of 4.3 million has been made, but I can only walk so far before my knee hurts. I wonder if there is a brace, or a bandage that can help with that? I need something that keeps the knee from going past a certain point, do they make those? Do they sell that kind of thing at the cane store? Can I make something out of old clothes hangers and duct tape? Oh great Bioness Gods, hear my request, make my brace!

No comments: