Google Analytics

Monday, May 11, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, Yard Sale Success, New AFO, and Mothers Day Madness

The sale of the century was the event of the year. The rain held off, it was a beautiful day, and we made a little coin. The very, very best part of the day was the very last part, when we had nothing left to return to the basement. We met a few neighbors we didn't know, put signs up trashing the other neighbors who set up for the sale, and had a very nice day in all. The wife is really hot now on setting up her block party, if she's involved, it will be a hoot!

Went to therapy today, to the limb clinic, picked up my AFO brace, and I got two for the price of one. Neither has an articulated ankle, the old one does, and each has a different level of flex, the form on the back of the brace, the shape, is different on both, as well as the closure. Between the 3 braces, I should be able to find one that fits my needs, although I never plan on wearing any of them again, but I suppose I will have to play that by ear.

We had a nice mother's day celebration, I'm sure the wife did as well. We had her family here, We had a killer cookout, and a beautiful day. My mom was down the beach, so I didn't get a chance to see her. After dinner we lit the chiminea, made smores for dessert. The wife's parents had never had them before! WHAAAAAAA? How is that possible? How can you live 80 plus years and not have a smores? We took turns toasting out marshmallows, all different ways, from the light toast, to the towering inferno! Mine were charred remains, filled white hot lava, good eats. I hope all the women in my life had a good one, they sure deserve it.

6 comments:

Cranky said...

Andy - Skip's got 3 retired AFOs as well. The last one was titanium and quite fancy. I was shocked when I saw what Medicare was charged for it.

Glad the yard sale went well, items sold, weather held. Fun.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Glad you had a fun yard sale. I love them now. Happy for a good Mother's Day cookout, also.

awb said...

Cranky,
I'm lucky I get to retire them for something better, and yard sales aren't fun! I constantly worry I'm selling a priceless piece, instead of the crap I know it to be. It aint easy bein me.

awb

awb said...

Stuff,
I like going to yard sales, having them is a lot of work. Thanks, the cookout was nice.

awb

Miss Jackie's Favorites said...

Just so you know - this woman in your life had a wonderful Mother's Day! What could be better than to spend the day with the most handsome man in the world, her 2 beautiful children, and her wonderful family! Thanks!

awb said...

Who is this? Oh, hey baby!