Google Analytics

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, Back Pain, Hot Water Surplus, and Something Called WalkAide

Day 6 and hot water has been restored to casa Jug! It's amazing what 5 days of cold water can do to you, least of which is give an appreciation for what you have. So much flows from having hot water. You do your dishes in it, you bathe in it, you wash your whites in it, but do you ever think about it? Our whole world was thrown in an uproar because we didn't have hot water, then I remember there are a lot of people in the world that don't have water at all, and it makes waiting a few days to get the HWH fixed is a small thing.

Now on to the second part of the HWH saga. When I was going down to the basement to try and get it started, I had to get onto the floor to see if the pilot was lighting, all the way down onto the floor. That's no problem getting down on the floor, it's more work trying to keep from ending up on the floor! But seriously, my problem comes in getting up off the floor, that's the tough part. In order to stand up from off the floor I have to have something to grab onto so I can pull myself up. Without something to help me I need to twist and torque my body to get up. I torqued my way right into my back killing me. Damn you BGE!

I was surfing blogs when I came across something of great interest to me. I was looking at One Life's blog and he had a thing about something called WalkAide. I am skeptical about a lot of things in life, but I am also hopeful. The video on Good Morning America was like it was about me, except she was a woman, 40 years old at onset, and a mother of triplets, but me just the same. There are a few places that sell them locally, one is the place that I got my first brace. I am going to do more research, talk to the doctors, talk to the physical therapists, and talk to the brace people. If I could cross my fingers, I would!

No comments: