Google Analytics

Friday, December 5, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis, Leg Cramps, and Appetite

I'm having one of those days that the worm that lives in my belly just can't get enough to eat! I'd love to be able to blame it on the medicine, or even better, the shot, but I don't see anything anywhere that indicates any of my meds cause me to eat. I want to take a med that as a side effect makes me want to not eat! You would think they could figure out what causes that and sell just that, minus the drugs. A few more days like this and I won't be able to fit through the door, or I'll have to get bigger doors!

My MS has always been more pronounced on the right side, even with my vision problems, but lately my left side has decided it was feeling left out. For the last few weeks I have had feelings in my left leg that are reminiscent of years ago in my right, and I'm not overly excited about it. I don't have those feelings very often in my right leg anymore, but then again I don't have much feeling at all anymore in the right leg. If this is a precursor for things to come, I'm really not digging the possibility of having a dead left leg too. I just hope the symphony of symmetry doesn't continue into my left hand as well.

I have yet to figure out, after all of these years, why the cramps are worse in the evening. I haven't yet found a way to prevent it, or why it doesn't happen during the day. Why doesn't it happen during the day? I have had suggestions for how to get rid of them, but why do they only happen at night? Don't get me wrong, the legs hurt during the day, it's those long drawn out cramps that drive me crazy. Given a choice, I would rather have the legs do it all day long instead of the last 2 or 3 hours before I go to bed. I suppose the answer isn't to go to bed 2 or 3 hours earlier, or is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could stay up and maybe fool the legs. If you don't go to bed how will it know when to start? Mine start as soon as I get in bed so I allow about 2 hours a night to get through it. I take vicodin and it helps a lot but i still have to wait for a time to get any relief. This has been going on since I was a little girl. My mother told me i had growing pains but I am only 5ft.2 in. and still have the pain so I don't think that was correct. have any doctors ever suggested a pain med?