Google Analytics

Monday, December 29, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis, The Holidays, and a New Start

It's time to get back to a normal routine, if such a thing really exists for any of us. I may not eat anything for a week, or until dinner, I haven't decided? Why is it that food is such a big part of the holidays? I thought I was going to explode if I ate another thing, but I was able to work past it. All in all, a good time was had by all, and Santa treated us very well. I got all kinds of nice thing, but I didn't get a new battery for the girl's old ipod, so I may to talk the brother out of his. He's had it for 4 years and never used it, so that's almost abandoned property.

The body is, unfortunately, already back to normal, it's killing me! My back hurts, my legs hurt, my hands don't work, and I am exhausted! That's a bad sign, right? It's a sign I'm sick of seeing, it's like those damn Geico commercials! I'd like to get my hands on that little gecko, and those cavemen. Anyway, I am having a hard time finding a place that is comfortable to sit. My legs hurt all the time to start with, but lately they have been really bad. I need to find a better way to lounge around so that my legs don't dangle, and I don't get the jumps.

I got a book about how a body can heal itself, I just need my body to read it now! I need to start my physical therapy, I just need to have that umph factor to get going. I think I'm saving it for next year, I do my best work after New Years, it will be 2 years smoke free on Thursday, alcohol too. Is there a magic tonic for all this health stuff? I want to wake up, be thinner, healthier, and richer. OK, I can do without the money, but I want the thinner part! Opps, I mean the health part, what was I thinking? It's a new year coming up, maybe I can do something to make all those things better.

3 comments:

Slammermike said...

Well for all of us hope springs eternal. That is the great thing about New Year. Hopefully 2009 will be a great improvement and turning point health-wise. Maybe this will be the breakthrough year for a cure.

I know it has to be getting old for you. It has been a long road.
Things will get better just look at all the people in your corner

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have the great friends you have. Yours and Jackie's have been so faithful. That kind of friendship is rare. I hope next year is healthier for all of us.

awb said...

I have the greatest corner in the world. Slammer, who are those 2 super models with you at the Raven's game? Man, you are old to have kids that age! 2009 is going to be a breakout year, I can feel it! Wait, that was a cramp.