Google Analytics

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis, Vitamin D, and The Swank and Atkins Diets

So, I was sitting there the other day, and all of a sudden it was today! You want to talk about no energy, I could write a book about it. OK, the D was wiping me out. The Swank was wiping me out more. Neither can compare to how Atkins wiped me out, I mean damn! I'm not sick, but I could sleep all day. That kind of sleep where you look over at the clock and say just a few more minutes, next thing you know it's the afternoon and you're still not sure you're getting up! All of the literature says that Atkins will do that in the beginning, something about burning toxins in your stored fat, there's a picture for ya!

As for the numbness, I'm not sure where that is coming from? I have had trouble in the past describing to people how I feel, not knowing if the way I did it made sense or not. I've always said the numbness in my arms and legs was kind of like that pins and needles feeling you get when your foot falls asleep. I know now that is a much better analogy than saying they feel numb, because I now know what numb "feels" like! This all began when I started the D. I don't know if that's normal or not, but it is the case with me. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm talking dropping things, no strength, can't feel anything numbness!

It's times like this I start to second guess everything. Go out and buy me greasy sub, fries, a six pack of beer, and a carton of smokes because that is the last time I really felt good, and do something to get this D out of my body! How long do you keep with something that is supposed to be doing you a world of good, but is causing you a universe of pain? I know this isn't the diet, I've been on diets before. I'm 6'5" tall and 300 pounds, I know diets, I know these diets! This feeling isn't any of these different ways of eating. I will call the doctor on Monday and see what he has to say, or what his friend the D guru has to say. Like now, as always, I have that little voice in my head that keeps whispering, "What if it's not any of those things?" I'm trying not to listen!

No comments: