Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swank Diet, Multiple Sclerosis, and Switching Gears

I'm sitting around this morning and I'm thinking, that's what I do, I'm a thinker. I will throw a pity party, like I did yesterday, and it will get me to really thinking. I've been quietly going about my business, still following my modified Swank diet for 2 full months. Strangely enough that time period coincides with my dramatic down turn in how I felt. Hmm says I, could it be? I have been blaming the bad mojo to the vitamin D, what if it's not that, what if it's the combo of the D and not enough fat? I know what you are probably thinking, that flies against conventional thinking.


What is that by the way, conventional thinking? Does that exist with MS'ers? I have followed conventional thinking, all the while hoping there would be a light at the end of the tunnel, but so far each light has only been an oncoming train. My MS is different from the next guys MS, that's what the neuro's always tell me when I ask what to expect. Why is it not possible that so is Swank different from one person to the next? In the 2 months of Swank I had a couple pieces of beef at the niece's wedding and that's been it! No butter, plenty of salads and green leafies, and almost no pie, I'm not a rock! Have there been studies of vitamin D and Swank? What I do know is I feel horrible!

Time to take the bull by the horns, or anything else you want to grab him by, horns are good for me. I am officially ending my Swank diet today and will be in the next day or so be starting an Adkins type diet. I need to do a little bit of research, but I figure what can it hurt. If things don't change from their current course I will start drinking and smoking whilst living in a Uni-Bomber type shack in the woods anyway, may as well eat a steak before my trip! But seriously folks, what can it hurt? Maybe I will even drop some more tonnage, isn't Atkins good for that too? The neuro's have missed the boat with me on most things anyway, maybe they missed the show when it came to vitamin D and Atkins? Maybe this will make me famous and put me on the cover of MS monthly? any who, it gives me something new to whine about if it doesn't work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that life has been going the way that you want it to. You deserve a great life! Keep looking for the answers. Maybe Atkins is the way to go. Research, as I know you will, and try to stay positive. Your family and friends will always be there to support you!

awb said...

Thanks for your support, I have no idea who you are, wink wink, but it is appreciated!

Slammermike said...

The gang is all here behind you and if you want to binge on steak or Big Daddy Pub Burgers or Bateman's Belly Busters well we'll jump on that grenade for you too.

awb said...

If I keep eating the way I am, the whole gang WILL be able to get behind me! Thanks, you guys are one of my constants.