Google Analytics

Monday, December 30, 2019

Abscess Time

     Recovering from an abscess,  not a pleasant experience anywhere,  this one took unpleasant to new heights! The abscess was at the base of my testicles. Yes, the base of my testicles. I'll wait for the guys to finish squirming and the women  chortling, he said testicles. ok, the doctor thinks it was an irritation from the catheter tub, the constant rubbing. In 24 hours it went from the size of a grape to the size of a lemon. The doctor velcro'd my ankles into stirrups, the nurse held "things" out of the way, and the cutting began. The incision was large enough that the doctor stuck his finger in the hole to clean it out,  he and the nurse will definitely be getting Christmas cards next year, that's how close we are now. Now we have weeks of packing the wound, trips to the doctor's office,  good thing is I don't need to stay in bed.

No comments: