Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Wheelchair Accessible, Steps Are A Problem


We took the wheelchair out to dinner, or did it take me? Funny how you notice things when your perspective changes, and your altitude. One of the thousands of local eateries, the bar we met in, is a great place, if you are walking through it. In the chair there wasn't enough room to get past the tables and booths to get to the bathroom! I guess it was wheelchair accessible, as long as you didn't have to use the facilities?

Have to figure out how to navigate the 4 steps to the bedroom level of the house? They have wheelchair platform lifts, but how do you go about getting them? They made me take medicare, I suppose I go through them? Never imagined those 4 dinky little steps could cause such a problem? I suppose I could just live my life upstairs, but I'm not ready for that yet. We will figure it out, we always do.

3 comments:

Katelyn Brawn: Hap-PIE-ly Ever After said...

You are stronger than you think. Your bravery and humbleness is something that I try to emulate in every difficult situation I'm faced with, I take a step back and think "ok how would dad handle this?" And I go from there, because if you, my father, can keep a level head in a situation there is no reason why I couldn't. We will face the next challenges as we always have, as a strong family force that is not to be trifled with. The Brawns are, now and always will be a force to be reckoned with

awb said...

Thanks Kate, You will always be my lucky dime!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

It is strange how we notice ramps, how big the bathroom is, how to get through tables that are too close when we ride .....the laws have helped in most places. Yes one step can be a problem