Google Analytics

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Somebody Needs to Explain Solar Energy To Me

25 watts, 40 watts, 100 watts, what does all of that mean? Does a 45 watt solar array do anything but take up space? Does said array supply a 45 watt appliance? I'm looking to run one of them there Amish fireplaces without the Amish mantel. What do I need to do this? I've gone on different sites to see, but I need solar power for morons, they dummy things down quite a bit, but not enough for me. I just needs someone to ask the obvious question...watts up?

4 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do not know the answer, could ask husband is you want me to. He is an electrician..
kim

awb said...

Kim - Wish it was like 60 watt bulbs, that I get!

awb

Diane J Standiford said...

I worked for city power company...isn't a watt a watt? Or watt? A 40 watt lamp means it can't handle 100 watts.So...(I KNEW I shouldn't have retired.)

awb said...

Diane - I lied to Kim, I don't understand 60 watt bulbs! A 40 watt lamp tells you not to use a 100 watt bulb. A 75 watt solar panel doesn't tell you that you can a 75 watt bulb. I=V/R, yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know!

awb