Decided I need a mantra, all cool people have one, I want to be cool. The kids told me I'm too old to be cool, told them being cool had nothing to do with age, told them to kiss my nose! Thought of stealing a famous mantra, life's a bitch and then you die, or something similar, but decided it has to be unique to me. Did find a list, lists are good, so for now I am going to follow this list until I find my mantra.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, and while you walk, smile.
It is the ultimate anti-depressant. For me it will be ride my bike.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (or to your higher power or meditate) about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
' My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________ '
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that
is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan
salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a
college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life is not fair, but it is still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don ' t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument.
Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it will not spoil the present.
14. Don ' t compare your life to others. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ' In five
years, will this matter? '
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD (depending on your beliefs) heals everything - but you have to ask Him (translate to your religion).
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night, before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings.
You will be smiling before you know it.
I'll adjust it to me, but it's a good list. I'll be substituting sardines for salmon, only like it smoked.