Google Analytics

Friday, August 27, 2010

Car Pains, Beautiful Day, and Swank Diet Take 2


I quit, no more long car rides for me, I am hurtin for certain. You know it's bad when you are 2 hours into an 8 hour ride and you have already had it. My legs are trashed! I was not looking forward to the ride home from MA, the ride up was bad enough. Good news is I did it, was able to see both sides of the family, just don't know if I can do it again.

Beautiful day here in Nottingham, picture perfect summer day. The wife is out lounging in the pool, the kids are at work, and I'm listening to the Stones on the radio, all is good in that part of my world. The Orioles are playing baseball, not just showing up. The squirrels are getting fat off of peanuts and sunflowers, and the hummingbirds are drinking up our homemade nectar. The wife is going to a cookout with her parents and I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a nap, all's good.

Thinking about starting up the old Swank diet, try to kill 2 birds with one stone. I still could stand to drop some tonnage, and maybe a low fat regimen will make the ms go away. That was funny, make it go away. No red meat for a year, that's the tough part. I'm sure I can get used to it, especially if I see a benefit, I just worry I won't. No dark meat turkey or chicken, the best part, and tons of fish. I'll just keep hoping something works, and keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: