First thing first, everything is just fine and dandy on my end, I have been taking a break, partly to take a break, and secondly because my computer blew up, but mainly it was break time. Thanks to all that voiced concerns as to my whereabouts, it's nice to be missed. I said a ways back, new years I suppose, I was going to be more positive, but I seam to have continued my pissy mood. I want to try to talk more positive things, not constantly just the MS. I've been thinking about how to do that, and I have no clue!
We joined a newly forming CSA, community sustainable agriculture, and we got first batch of goodies the other day. We got Romaine lettuce, head lettuce, spring onions, spinach, strawberry radish, strawberries, and beets. We also got 2 dozen free range, organic eggs. The first night the wife whipped up her soon to be famous strawberry salad, a real hit. Last night I made a red flannel hash with the beets, and topped it with a couple of fried eggs, fantastic!
1/2 pound cooked Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 pound cooked beets, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons Olive oil
1 tablespoons butter
Kosher salt and pepper
1. Pour the oil and butter into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir often so they don't brown.
2. Add the potatoes, and beets and stir until well coated in the oil. Cook without stirring for about 5 minutes. Stir the contents and try to flip as many of pieces onto their other side. Cook for another 5 minutes without stirring. Turn the heat down to medium-low, stir again, and cook for another 7 minutes or so. The potatoes should be crispy. If the contents start to blacken instead of brown, turn the heat down earlier.
3. Season the mixture with salt, pepper.
4. Serve with 2 fried, or poached eggs.
Had my meeting at Dankmeyer, the representative from Bioness was there, 2 of them in fact, I sure can't complain about the customer service from either place, they have been fantastic to work with. Once again, I was having issue with the electrodes, and once again, I was using them wrong. Well, not wrong, but not up to date either, so, well wrong. We corrected that issue, we also dialed the stimulator down a notch to make the leg do more of the work, but still giving the foot the part it needs. The ankle is still swollen, but I have decided to go full steam ahead, see if we can work through it.