Google Analytics

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis, AFO Brace, and My Mother Battles Spiderman

I go tomorrow to have my brace fitted, I think? I guess fitted isn't right, they did that already, I'm going to try it on tomorrow. It is supposed to be there, but nothing would surprise me. I need to get this new brace even though I am getting the muscle stim. I know without a doubt that the brace will get me from point A to point B. I need to have that just in case there is a delay with the stim, or if it takes me a while to build up strength to wear it all the time, or anything else I may not be thinking of right now. I also get the doc at therapy to fill out the prescription for the stim tomorrow, the last step, yippy!

The parents did make it this weekend, turns out the father was the only one sick, and the goof did just like I said, he came sick instead of canceling poker. We had a great visit, we always do. The mother told us a story that will have us laughing for a long time. The niece's boyfriend has a son, and he is somewhat active. He and the mother butt heads from time to time. She sat him on the sofa across from her the other day and he webbed her, you know, like Spiderman. She kept telling him to stop and he kept webbing her! She told him she had invisible scissors to cut his web. Yes, the mother was fighting with the 3 year old!

Little did the boy know that the mother isn't accustomed to losing to a kid. She told him every time he webbed her, he had to sit for 5 minutes. 5 hours later they were still sitting in the living room. By the end, he was putting his hand behind his back, turning his head, and still making the webbing sound, just very low. By the time they left this morning, we were all webbing each other! It's wonderful to watch the mother tell a story that makes her laugh, she reminds me of her father when she does that. She gets laughing and keeps talking through it. You can't understand her, but you have to laugh right along with her, good times.

6 comments:

Uncle Bud said...

He's lucky she didn't put him on the refrigerator.

awb said...

The old family fix all, put the terrified child on the frigifrator!

awb said...

By the way UB, how was Cuba?

Uncle Bud said...

Nobody realizes that you can't outlast her. Castro says hi. Did you get your scrip for the bionic calf?

awb said...

That Fidel! Ya, you can outlast her. I've been trying to top her for 47 years and haven't done it yet! Mailed everything away, now we wait to hear back from them.

Anonymous said...

What does it mean to outlast someone. I can't help if I am strict. I wish more parents were. I would like to put Uncle Bud on the refridgerator, as I can't I send him a really big web. I love him but he was a challenge as a kid. Mom thought he was an angel , couldn't bring herself to slap him when he really needed it but I didn't have any problem > Does he remember if I ever slapped him. I feel sure he probably needed it. He was so cute and smart he was a challenged but I loved the little jerk. You didn't need to tell everyone I was taken down by a 3 year old. with a little kid. Hope the brace helps. Keep the faith. Love ya. Frog